The Mauritius Post pledges to delight its customers through a well trained professional and dedicated staff.
The quality objectives are established to suit the business goal and for the satisfaction of all our stakeholders. The quality objectives are as follows:
- To ensure prompt collection of mail and conduct timely despatch thereof.
- To ensure next day delivery at ‘D+1’ (85%), or as requested otherwise by the customer. (D= day of posting)
- To demonstrate efficiency while discharging counter duties aiming at diminishing customer’s waiting time.
- To provide accurate and reliable information to customers.
- To provide professional agency services for reliability towards our principals’ and customers’ satisfactions.
- To provide customers with professional and reliable financial and commercial services.
In line with our Customer’s Charter, we aim to meet service standards in the following areas.
1. Quick Service
Our aim is to make sure that we serve our customers quicker. In most post offices the peak period is during lunch time (i.e. From11.00 to 12.30). We set targets for our post offices, and regularly monitor our performance through independent surveys.
2. Personal Service
We will offer you a personalized and effective service.
Like most other companies handling cash, we normally serve you from behind a screen, which can make it hard to provide personal service. We do our best to overcome this by:
- Being friendly, efficient, polite and welcoming;
- Attending to any problem you have, on the spot.
3. Professional Service
We will make sure that staff who serves you is well trained to give service excellence. We offer more than 50 services. All the services are provided to you with special knowledge and expertise. We are regularly introducing new products and services. Our target is to make sure that:
- You will get accurate and up-to-date information;
- Your questions will be answered professionally; and
- Your business is carried out promptly and in confidentiality.
- We remain customers focused.
We are committed to improve the service we provide to all our customers, including those who are disabled and who need so. If you have specific needs, please let us know and we will endeavor to deliver.
5. Providing Information
We shall make it sure that you receive accurate and appropriate information associated with the services we offer.
There is a wide range of services available at post offices. You can get more details of services available at any nearest post office.
The sender of a postal packet shall be entitled to compensation if a registered postal packet is lost, totally rifled or totally damaged, the sender shall be entitled to compensation within the limit prescribed in the Universal Postal Union Letters Post Regulation.
Postal administration of MAURITIUS
DEALING WITH YOUR PROBLEM THROUGH OUR HELPLINE
If the Postmaster cannot deal with your problem, he or she can tell you what to do next. You can contact us on our helpline on 2082851 or if you prefer, you can write using one of our customer comments cards, which you can get at any post office. You can also use our email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall acknowledge to you within 48 hours and reply by 7 working days at latest. For some cases which require elaborate investigation the reply may take a longer period upon which you will be informed.
MAURITIUS POST HELPLINE
Our national helpline phone numbers opened between 8.15 am to 4 pm on weekdays and 8.15 am to 11.45 am on Saturday.
Our Customer Services department is open from 8.15am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday and Saturday morning from 8.15am to 11.45 noon. Enquiries can be made, by either the sender or the addressee, in writing by post or fax (2129640), by telephone( 2082851), by e-mail or by completing an enquiry form available throughout the post office and on our website. Customer Service staff can also be consulted in person at Mauritius Post Limited, Head Quarters, Port Louis.
The Mauritius Post Ltd
1, Sir William Newton Street,
Port Louis 11328